PortableApps.com AppCompactor allows you to easily compress applications to decrease size on disk and increase performance when running from slow media like flash drives. It’s packaged as a portable app, so you can work with your apps anywhere. It’s intended primarily for developers, but advanced users will also find it useful.
- Proven UPX binary compressor
- 7-Zip compression of archives
- Multiple compression levels
- Automatic testing of compressed files
- Automatically skips <4K files (no space savings)
- Add inclusions/exclusions using PortableApps.com Format
- Compression of DLL, EXE, ZIP, JAR, IRC, PYD and BINs in all directories
- Automatically skip launcher if selecting PortableApps.com Format apps’ base directory
- Automatically excludes Visual C++ runtimes and Qt image handlers
- Saving up to 50% or more installed space of many apps
- Faster application starts from flash drives
- Don’t compress NSIS launchers (FirefoxPortable.exe, etc), they’ll break
- It’s best to have the app you’re compressing reside on a hard drive (at least temporarily) rather than a flash drive to improve performance and decrease writes to your flash drive
- You can disable the Welcome screen or have the console window stay by editing the settings.ini in the Data directory
- Only NRV2E should be used for PortableApps.com Releases (including development tests and pre-releases) unless it’s a small app (one exe and a dll or two) and very easy for you to test every feature and function on every Windows OS.
- Always back up your files before using this tool as it will not work with all applications.