Appetizer is an open source dock for Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7, which allows organizing the user’s shortcuts and applications. It can be customized via skins and plugins and is available in 25 languages.
Various other features are available including support for keyboard shortcuts, custom icons and tray icon support. Appetizer also features a function to automatically launch certain applications when it starts.
Appetizer started as a PortableApps.com application. As such it is designed to be portable and can be installed on a USB drive or other portable device. If the standard PortableApps.com folder structure is detected on the drive, Appetizer will automatically import the user’s shortcuts.
- Support for plugins
- Support for multiple skins (two included)
- Resizable dock, which allows displaying the icons both horizontally or vertically.
- Three sizes of icons: Small, large and extra-large
- Support for custom icons
- ‘Wizard’ to automatically imports shortcuts from various locations
- Organize the icons by drag & dropping them
- ‘Multi-launch’ functionality
- Regroup multiple shortcuts within one menu
- Hot key to hide / show the dock
- Special items to provide extra functionalities: hide / show the desktop, Recycle Bin, Control Panel, etc.
- Support for multiple languages
- Minimize to tray icon functionality