Launcher – small (a few kilobytes) executable file main task is silent installation (to complete and delete) other application. The principle of operation the launcher is that before you start the portable app to add all needed for its work files and settings to the system, and after application operation to remove them. Thus, the application works as if it had been installed in the usual manner, after work no trace does not stay in the system. Usually these launchers written by NSIS or AutoIt.
The launcher works main stages:
- Adding / recovery (if any) configuration portable application in the system (registry keys, files and directories);
- launch portable applications;
- after completing works portable application, backup configuration files in a specific directories;
- remove settings from the file system.
If the system has a similar configuration, the launcher first make a backup copy of all of its settings, and after working a portable application restore them.
The launcher can also realize the redirection principle, ie intercepting a request for the desired application file or directory. Redirection principle has several stages:
- Interception application request to the system;
- analysis of the requests;
- change requests (if necessary);
- transmission system modified requests to complete the process.
Programs of this section:
PAF Launcher Editor
Portable App Creator
Portable Builder for Registered Software
Temporarily translated by Google.
P. S. We need Russian-English-Russian translator.