Hydrogen Portable is an open source drum machine created by Alessandro Cominu, an Italian programmer who goes by the pseudonym Comix. Its main goal is to provide professional yet simple and intuitive pattern-based drum programming.
Hydrogen was originally developed for Linux, but later ported to Mac OS X. Support for Microsoft Windows seemed to have been abandoned, since the last build dated to 2006 for 4 years. However, a Windows port exists since the 0.9.6 version, and it is now in beta stage. The graphical user interface for the application uses Qt library, and all code is released under the GNU General Public License.
- Pattern-based sequencer, with unlimited number of patterns and ability to chain patterns into a song.
- Up to 192 ticks per pattern with individual level per event and variable pattern length.
- Unlimited instrument tracks with volume, mute, solo, pan capabilities.
- Multi-layer support for instruments (up to 16 samples for each instrument).
- Sample Editor, with basic cut and loop functions.
- Time-stretch and pitch functions.
- Time-line with variable tempo.
- Single and stacked pattern mode.
- Ability to import/export song files.
- Support for LADSPA effects.
- Real-time slide control for swing.
- Option to slightly randomize velocity, time, pitch and swing functions to give a more “human” playback.
- Multiple patterns playing at once.
- GMkit, the drum kit features: Kick, Stick, Snare Jazz, Hand Clap, Snare Rock, Tom Low, Closed HH (high hat), Tom Mid, Pedal HH (high hat), Tom Hi (high), Open HH (high hat), Cowbell, Ride Jazz, Crash, Ride Rock, and Crash Jazz.
Founded changes in Total Uninstall program.
Settings INI file for PortableApps.com Launcher.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
[Launch] ; Specify the program to be launched by the PortableApps.com Launcher here, relative to the App directory of the portable application. ProgramExecutable="Hydrogen\hydrogen.exe" ; For changing drive letters. DirectoryMoveOK=yes [DirectoriesMove] ; These are directories for which to manage portability. They come in the form [directory]=[target location]. ; The directory is the location of the source directory, relative to the portable data directory (AppNamePortableData). ; he target location includes the directory you want it to go to, so %PAL:DataDir%[directory]*.* gets copied to [target location]*.*. Environment variable substitions (http://portableapps.com/manuals/PortableApps.comLauncher/ref/envsub.html) apply. ; f the target directory already exists at the start of the process, it will be backed up (to target location-BackupByAppID) and restored at the end. ; If you do not wish to save the data but only want to keep a local version safe and throw away any changes, set the source directory to "-". directories\USERPROFILE\.hydrogen="%USERPROFILE%\.hydrogen"
The text after the semicolon is seen as a comment and does not affect the application work.